These workshops will give you insight in the methodological approach of project management.
However, it is not the purpose to train you on any specific methodology like PRINCE2, PMI, IPMA, or AGILE but rather to explore the underlying principles so that participants can evaluate the proper approach to their own projects. Furthermore, these workshops are not designed for project managers only but for anyone who is actively involved in projects. In fact, if members of a project team understand the structural and methodological elements, they can become a more pro-active member of that team.
The teaching style of the workshops is interactive (see "Approach") and offers plenty of opportunities for the participants to apply what is learned onto their own projects.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the structural elements to manage projects properly
- Outline the process-based approach of projects (design your own methodology)
- Define the scope of the project more clearly and manage the requests for change
- Schedule the projects more realistically and follow up the progress more closely
- Budget the projects more accurately and manage the risks
- Communicate better about goals and milestones
- Identify clearly roles and responsibilities
- Guide stakeholders and coach the project team in their collaboration
- Recognize timely the pitfalls in running projects