Time management for project managers (1-day)
This workshop is an add-on to the "Project management" workshop.
- Set and maintain priorities
- Use deadlines pro-actively instead of undergoing them
- Define S.M.A.R.T.E.R. goals
- Recognize time wasters and address them more consciously
- Handle stress better by creating a peace of mind
- Forget less and do more thanks to effective To-Do-lists (e.g. scrum board)
- Schedule work more realistically, including the daily 'unforeseen' things
- Better fulfil responsibilities thanks to better follow-up
- Be more assertive and say 'no' in a constructive manner (without the word "no")
- Make more purposeful use of modern information and communication technology
This workshop takes one day of 6 hours of training.
Part 1: Pro-activity
- Pro-activity = take and keep the initiative
- The concept of 'Flow' and the power of progress reporting
- Managing deadlines: smaller steps, swifter progress
- Address procrastination - do it now !
- Collaboration: be assertive, not aggressive (strive for win-win)
Part 2: attention management
- The reflecting brain cannot multitask - why do we keep trying ?
- Empty your mind = write it down: ok, but where and how is the best ?
- Handling distractions and interruptions (pomodoro, mind dump, 4x4 decision model)
- Application (1): a To-Do-list that does work ! (e.g. scrum board)
- Application (2): the 'visually correct' calendar (demonstration in Outlook)